Guess who has a three-day weekend?
I think I have the best job ever.
While it is the best, it’s also exhausting. So, for this lovely Friday, I’m going to do a round-up of what I’m loving about Denver so far!!
1. Domo. This incredible Japanese restaurant my boss took us too (See? Best job ever). After going here, I’ve decided I need to go to Japan. And learn exactly what I had so I can order it again!
2. The mix of old and new. Skyscrapers will be right next to several-hundred-year-old churches, and I love that.
3. My job. That’s obviously a given.
4. The Colorado Yogurt Company. Enough said. 🙂
5. The mountains. Okay, so I’m used to those from Montana, and they are actually farther away here, but they are always in the West! Handy! Plus they seem bigger. 🙂
6. Cherry Creek State Park. This is right by our apartment, and it’s so handy to have a trail to hit up on our bikes nearby! Especially as it hits fall (my favorite season, fyi). Also, the park is huge, and it’s nice to have a break from all the urban sprawl.
7. Variety. Of food, restaurants, shopping, things to do, places to see, and people. For instance, I work with several young African refugees, and there’s nothing I like better than finding out about different cultures.
8. Our apartment. As it gets unpacked (we’re really slow and unorganized) it becomes more of a haven. I love our kitchen, but my current favorite room is the closet:
9. 16th Street Promenade. I know it’s touristy, but it’s also cute!
10. My proximity to here: