Happy happy NEW YEAR!
It’s 2012. Can you believe it?
I hope you all rang in the new year and rang out the holiday season with lots of joy. While I was with the BF, which is always a good way to spend the holiday, I’m fighting of sickness–yet again–so it was a mellow evening.
Which gave me lots of time to think.
HIGHLIGHTS OF 2012 (in no particular order):
1. Moving to Denver!!
2. Getting my job! (A blanket statement that includes all of my new friends and new experiences that have gone along with said job).
3. Moving in with the Boyfriend!
4. Finally visiting Portland, Oregon!
5. Explorations in my new city!
6. Thanksgiving in Seattle and Christmas in Bozeman.
7. Starting this BLOG!
8. Skiing more!
9. Spending a few solid months living with my parents before moving out for REALS.
10. And, surprisingly, working at the nursing home!
‘Twas a good year, my friends, and I especially loved sharing it with you!
Now for 2012…here is what I want to happen. Resolutions, you might say.
1. Get into graduate school. (Say what? Stay tuned on that front!)
2. Make my first overseas excursion with the Boyfriend in tow. Poor thing, he always gets left behind! Or, at least finally go to New England to check out their fall foliage, baby.
3. Complete my job (it’s only a one-or-two-year commitment–I love it but I’m also ready to really start my career!) and continue to learn from it, and continue to make relationships with my kiddies.
4. Really commit myself to eating right and exercising.
5. That one’s so important it needs two. I’ve signed up for a long-term yoga class and this eight-week program to get you fit. I think it’s called Insanity and I’m scared, but I need to get my butt in gear.
6. Learn to be financially responsible. I need to stop spending money on boots (I have a serious illness) and save up for stuff! Like trips. I’m jonesing.
8. Cook more. In addition, make bread. I got Artisan Breads in Five Minutes a Day (!!!) and I want to make sandwich bread and bread to give away as gives and sugary breads…pretty much all of them. On that note, I also have Mastering the Art of French Cooking that I’ve barely cracked open (it’s scary!) and I want to try to cook some truly complicated stuff out of that. Like a duck.
9. Actually learn to crochet. I sound like such a housewife. And maybe learn to knit too.
10. WRITE MORE. Keep tending to this baby.
11. Worry less. LET goooooo.
There you have it. I have a good feeling about 2012, and I hope all of you do too!!!! xo.