Happy May! Did you have a lovely, spring-y May Day?
We didn’t. Colorado, in it’s usual fashion, snowed on the first day of May. Although I logically know that Colorado gets the majority of it’s snow in March and April (which is a lot, it is Colorado), this year I am struggling with the lack of spring. I want it to be green around here, already! Can you believe there are still no leaves on the trees?!
Even though it’s not spring, I’m still pretending it is, by zip-lining this weekend with the Boyfriend and going to a Rockies game. I hope you have a great weekend, too, whatever the weather where you are!
1. I recently bought this dress at Anthropologie (where I buy many of my gifts, such as this mug, for pretty much everyone I know) for a decent price. Don’t you love the pockets? It’s sort of like this dress that I’ve been lusting after for quite some time.
3. I’ve finally finalized my trip for this summer! I’ll write more later, but when I finish my internship in August, the Boyfriend and I are meeting in Belgium. Yes, we chose Belgium as it’s supposedly a gastronomic paradise. Don’t judge us. We are only spending a few days there, so eating all the chocolate, fries, waffles and drinking all the beer we can won’t be so harmful. 🙂
4. In the spirit of my upcoming voyages, here are some helpful sites for my fellow travelers: visit Le Travel Store for travel gadgets and visit Insure My Trip to purchase the best travel insurance for you.
6. May the fourth be with you!
7. This site always has fun gift ideas–here are some for graduation (I have many of these coming up! Including my baby sister who is graduating from college, and my brother who is completing his master’s!)
9. As part of one of my internships (I have three…I overburden myself) I attended a legislative hearing on this bill in Colorado (it’s currently moving through the House). It was fascinating to see the process! It made me reconsider policy as part of my career path…stay tuned. (More immigration related news in Denver here).
10. Since I’ve recently cut sugar out of my life (except from my morning coffee) I really haven’t been craving it, except in the last few nights I’ve been having dreams about candy. Yes. Candy. And which candy do you suppose I am dreaming about? Nothing fancy, and not anything I’ve had in years, but these. I’m apparently a girl of simple pleasures. (If you’ve given up sugar, do you have any tips for me?)